So time is now fast approaching for the baby. It has been a bit of a drawn out thing now and reminds you that 9 months is actually a long time. Today though is our visit to John Lewis to understand what we need to get for a new born baby. We have done little things to the spare room but this should be the full list of things we need. I’ve also been googling around to also see what might be needed, i don’t want to go in to the baby appointment not knowing anything, typical guy I guess, can’t look daft, had the same thing looking for cars, which is still in progress.
Anyway here is the list you should be thinking about
- Car Seat
- Pram/Buggy/Travel Systems
- Clothes (sleepsuits, vests, short sleeved sleepsuits, cardigans, snow suit)
- Hat, Mittens, boots
- Changing mat
- Nursing bra and breast pads
- Bottles/teats/bottle brush
- Towels/muslin squares/flannels
- kitchen roll, lot’s of it.
I took this from the Mum’s site Emma’s Diary. However for me there are a number of things interested in.
- Car seat, I only need to ensure this fits in the car. Aiming now for a BMW 1 series which doesn’t have massive room in back.
- Buggy is king for me as I run so started to look at the best buggy’s for this. Also want something light and compact, the Brompton of the buggies. I’ve learnt to my cost when don’t get this.
- Gadgets, the video baby checker is a target, you can get camera’s now that link to your iphone. This is very much a purchase target.
- Outfits, I am planning to take a photo every day for at least a year. outfits are key and now looking at everything from Star Wars to Animals. One of the guy’s at work was horrified to see his baby dressed with ears. For me this is mandatory.
- Sling, i want a baby sling, I hate prams, bags etc… if I can just carry the baby then i will.
- Toys can wait but will be next. Planning on limiting to one box. Friends will be warned.
Once visited will update.